Skip to main content

Why would you use Windows 8?

Although the release of Windows 8 is yet to be announced which is a very long wait to those who are interested with the changes, many people wants to test it right away in their computers to really see if there will be a transformation. Most of these people are using Windows 7. Windows 7 just rescued us from the cruelty of Vista and now Windows 8 seems to be promising us more relief. But, the question is, do we really need Windows 8 or just stay with the comforts of Windows 7. The same question we asked when we are introduced to Vista while we are enjoying the lightness of Windows XP.

Well, as a technology researcher, I strongly believe that Windows 8 will bury Windows 7 because the upgrade is very helpful and this is just a nice job from Microsoft. Unlike Vista, Windows 8 is really a needed update and it is just a very appropriate improvement for the modern people and needs. I also believe that Windows maintains a tight competition with the Mac OS which is positively giving the customers some benefits.


So, what can you expect with Windows 8? Here are its features:

First, this operating is designed to boot on USB which is unpopular before. The labeled it, “Boot to go,” which basically means you don’t need to sit down with your PC set just to install it. This is very helpful to our time today where people are very dynamic and traveling is a necessity.

Second, though Apple made this popular, there is no reason Windows would not do the same. They have their own store now for your Windows 8 apps. Hopefully, there are lots offered for FREE.

Third, with touch screen and tablets common today, Windows 8 has a metro style User Interface to keep up with fashion and modernization. Judging from the look of it makes me feel like I have a touchscreen PC on top of my table. Of course, interactivity is always the powerhouse.

Fourth, Internet Explorer 10 is here. I use Firefox all the time but I won’t underestimate the power of IE 10 when we talk about better CSS 3, HTML 5, and hardware speed-up.

Sixth, they mentioned Protogon file system. While I don’t bother to search the definition of that, it simple means faster booting, making your job faster.

Seventh, they say Apps will always be on with this OS without worrying you about memory consumption. Windows 8 doesn’t like you to wait again for your Apps to start over and over again.

Eight, while you worry this OS requires you to order another stick of RAM; it will not rob your pockets. 300 MB is all it needs to start rolling.

Lastly, you can install it anywhere, in your desktop, laptop, tablet and mobile phone, it will surely run.

So, why would you use Windows 8?

Well, Windows 8 is making Windows 7’s good features better, better enough to make you more and more excited with its release. There are no reason that you should stick with Windows 7 or to stop listening to Microsoft’s updates.

I will post how to install Windows 8 developer preview later on this blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to fix Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Cooler Noise

My six-core rig is now running but I have problems with the AMD stock cooler. It seems that my motherboard’s (Gigabyte GA 890GPA-UD3H) CPU fan control push the fans speed to higher limits that it starts to make noise when the computer runs for a longer time or when it starts. I have already used the Easy Tune 6 utility from Gigabyte and though I controlled the speed of the fans, it will still run up to 6000 rpm when the computer boots. Therefore, I decided to find a quieter CPU cooler. I ran to the computer shop and the only CPU cooler that they have is the Antec Kuhler H2O 620. I was only thinking of an air cooler but the time I saw the box, I was indulge to it. Liquid cooling system is not really my first choice because it is more expensive. However, we the alarming noise I am experiencing on my new six-core PC, I have no reason not to buy it. I admit the installation manual and even the forums I read on the internet were a little bit confusing, but I still managed to instal

How To Install Steam OS Without UEFI motherboard

I will teach you how to install Steam OS into your motherboard that does not have UEFI bios. The default Steam OS installation requires UEFI bios or it will not work. I did some Googling and found a way to bypass that and everything works perfectly afterwards. It is just slightly more difficult but do not worry. For those who do not know what steam OS is, it is an operating system created by Valve. It is a Linux with Debian Weezy on top and can run Linux programs if you want to.