Skip to main content

How to fix notebook hard disk error (Neo Basic B3233)

Yesterday, my NEO Basic B3233 notebook crashed down and it would not boot anymore. My first diagnosis is overheating or it is just the brownout, which causes some electrical surges on the computer.

I rested it for a while but when I boot it again, it says DISK ERROR. I would like to explore more on the causes of the error but I guess I do not have enough time for it. So, I'd better be starting my fix ASAP.

Since it is a Hard Disk error, the problem is of course the hard disk and not the hardware, because it is not too old. My guess is the system inside it. Windows 7 might encounter an error that it is in tack anymore. Therefore, my best fix would be reformatting the hard disk and have a clean OS installation.

I cannot use Windows 7 hard disk repair or error checking this time because it will not boot. The computer is useless this time so I need to remove the hard disk.
How to remove a notebook hard drive?

It is usually found under your notebook and it has screws in it. Remove the screw and slide the hard drive out. It might be different on other casings.

My plan will be to format or fix the hard disk on a working PC (the one that runs Windows 7) computer. A notebook hard disk is normally like your desktop internal hard drive, but smaller. In my case, it is a SATA II 7200RPM hard drive.

How to connect your notebook drive to a desktop PC?

Turn off the desktop computer. If the notebook drive is SATA, secure a SATA cable and plug it inside your desktop motherboard. Be sure your motherboard has two or more slots for SATA connections and it has an extra power outlet for SATA power supply. After the SATA cable and power supply is connected to notebook drive and the motherboard (like your internal hard drive), turn ON the computer. While it is loading, go to BIOS utility by pressing F1, F2, or DEL. You must see your notebook drive in BIOS utility, if not, your notebook drive is toasted, and you do not need to proceed. Set the main hard disk to first boot priority and just set the notebook drive to secondary. The computer will reboot and Windows explorer might not initially recognized your notebook drive or recognized it but cannot format it. It is OK.

How to fix it?

Download the Low Level Formatting tool to format it in low level. Remove the partition and format it.

Go to Computer Management, and create new volume. Format it without changing anything on the default options.

Your notebook drive is now ready to use.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to fix Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Cooler Noise

My six-core rig is now running but I have problems with the AMD stock cooler. It seems that my motherboard’s (Gigabyte GA 890GPA-UD3H) CPU fan control push the fans speed to higher limits that it starts to make noise when the computer runs for a longer time or when it starts. I have already used the Easy Tune 6 utility from Gigabyte and though I controlled the speed of the fans, it will still run up to 6000 rpm when the computer boots. Therefore, I decided to find a quieter CPU cooler. I ran to the computer shop and the only CPU cooler that they have is the Antec Kuhler H2O 620. I was only thinking of an air cooler but the time I saw the box, I was indulge to it. Liquid cooling system is not really my first choice because it is more expensive. However, we the alarming noise I am experiencing on my new six-core PC, I have no reason not to buy it. I admit the installation manual and even the forums I read on the internet were a little bit confusing, but I still managed to instal

How To Install Steam OS Without UEFI motherboard

I will teach you how to install Steam OS into your motherboard that does not have UEFI bios. The default Steam OS installation requires UEFI bios or it will not work. I did some Googling and found a way to bypass that and everything works perfectly afterwards. It is just slightly more difficult but do not worry. For those who do not know what steam OS is, it is an operating system created by Valve. It is a Linux with Debian Weezy on top and can run Linux programs if you want to.