Skip to main content

How to Setup a catch-all email account in GoDaddy.com? (Updated)

Before anything else you need to know what is meant by a catch-all email account. It is an ordinary email address but designated to receive emails that are incorrectly addressed by its name. This means if you have the email addresses author@yoursite.com and owner@yoursite.com , you can set up lost@yoursite.com as the catch-up email. Lost@yoursite.com will then catch messages that are incorrectly addressed. For example, an email sent to writer@yoursite.com (which is not the proper email address that you have) will be forwarded to lost@yoursite.com automatically. Wrongly addressed emails happens often times especially if you have a confusing email name such as masters@example.com, people may send emails to master@xample.com.


Importance of a catch-all email

While you are careful in writing your email in your website or in your card so that someone could easily contact you, senders or people who wants to send you emails are sometimes not careful in typing the valid email address or just forget your email and tried to guess the real address. If your senders will send their messages to an invalid email address, their email client will not send it and will tell them that the address is invalid. If they have typed a long message and don’t want to type it all over again (especially if it is a business related letter), you might waste a wonderful opportunity just because you don’t have a catch-all email.

But if you have a catch-all email, any messages sent to wrongname@yourdomian.com or wrong names of your email will be redirected to that email account and you have the chance to read them.

How to set an ordinary email to become a catch-all email at Godaddy?

At GoDaddy.com, you can set-up one email per domain name by default. You can however buy extra space for more emails if you want to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to fix Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Cooler Noise

My six-core rig is now running but I have problems with the AMD stock cooler. It seems that my motherboard’s (Gigabyte GA 890GPA-UD3H) CPU fan control push the fans speed to higher limits that it starts to make noise when the computer runs for a longer time or when it starts. I have already used the Easy Tune 6 utility from Gigabyte and though I controlled the speed of the fans, it will still run up to 6000 rpm when the computer boots. Therefore, I decided to find a quieter CPU cooler. I ran to the computer shop and the only CPU cooler that they have is the Antec Kuhler H2O 620. I was only thinking of an air cooler but the time I saw the box, I was indulge to it. Liquid cooling system is not really my first choice because it is more expensive. However, we the alarming noise I am experiencing on my new six-core PC, I have no reason not to buy it. I admit the installation manual and even the forums I read on the internet were a little bit confusing, but I still managed to instal

How To Install Steam OS Without UEFI motherboard

I will teach you how to install Steam OS into your motherboard that does not have UEFI bios. The default Steam OS installation requires UEFI bios or it will not work. I did some Googling and found a way to bypass that and everything works perfectly afterwards. It is just slightly more difficult but do not worry. For those who do not know what steam OS is, it is an operating system created by Valve. It is a Linux with Debian Weezy on top and can run Linux programs if you want to.