Skip to main content

How to install internet café management software

This is a question asked by Cecilia Gaman of Davao City, Philippines.

When I am in my high school days, I really dreamt to have my own internet café someday. Entering to an internet café those times is an imagination moment for me to really visualize my future. By the grace of God, I finally have my own internet café today having 10 computer units.

There was no problem in building those PCs needed for my internet café. I am so interested with the stuffs that I personally do most of the hand works. Networking them was a challenge at first but moment by moment of trial and error, I mastered the basics. At the time the computers are ready to go for gaming and internet, I found out that I need to have the reliable and easy-to-use café management software, basically for giving time and moderating the computers. It was then a big problem for me because I tried to search Google for those programs and installed almost 10 different kinds. But, all of them did not work as I prefer or expected. Some needs to have a very educated background with computers and networking in order to handle them, some has cluttered interfaces, and some doesn’t just suit my needs.

Perhaps, you have the same experience like me or you are still confused on which software to use. Or, worst case scenario, you have troubles with what you are using today and you have no choice because you think there is no other program that works better than that.

PROBLEM: You need internet café management software that is reliable and very easy to use. You also need a kind that is very easy to install and configure in both server and client computers.

MY SOLUTION: Use CafeSuite cyber café software and have an easy installation.

STEP-BY-STEP:

  • First, download the software from CafeSuite.net. I prefer to use the older version 3.49i (works perfect for me) but you can have the latest versions or updates. This software, based on my experience is very easy to understand and operate. It is so common sense that it only requires average computer and networking knowledge.
  • Second, check your networking. If all computers could connect to the internet, this is a good sign. If not, you better check your adapter settings, your modem, your router, your hub, and both hardware and software involve d in the network. I will not discuss in details things related to this here. You can read my posts about networking here. The same operating system will be very helpful. I use Windows 7, so I need to create a homegroup in my server PC and connect the client PCs to it.
  • Third, after a downloading the software, you need to run the software as administrator. After the installation, you need to do some configuration on the station program (server) and the client setup, such as assigning your rates and computer policies. Save your configuration.
  • Fourth, find the CLIENT folder of CafeSuite in your PROGRAM FILES. Right click on the folder and activate file sharing so that it can be accessed with the client computers. You don’t need to do this if you are using the latest version because it automatically shares the folder. If you need a guide on how to share a folder to the network, read this post: TITLE.
  • Fifth, turn on the client computers one by one and go to NETWORK. You can go to MY COMPUTERS to find that if it is not on the start menu. Find the name of the server PC, be sure the server is turned on and CafeStation is running. Find the CLIENT folder which is shared. Open the folder and find the executable file named “CafeAgentSetup.” Run it as administr ator and wait until you are prompted to restart the PC. Restart the PC and seconds after the booting, the computer will be LOCKED. This means that PC is under the control of the server now.
  • Sixth, immediately the PC where you installed CafeAgent will be detected by the CafeStation and will prompt you to add that PC on your control. Add the PC and start assigning time to it to see if it really connects. After assigning time, if the LOCKED message is gone in the client server, everything is just going well with you.
  • Seventh, repeat the Steps 5 and 6 to the other client PCs. After all of them are added to the station, you are now free to do some adjustments or reconfigurations with the Server program or the Client Setup to suit your needs. You are actually in full control of your internet café now.
  • Lastly, restart all the computers and run the Cafestation. If every computer is connected to the server and are locked, you just successfully do this project very well. If errors happen or you simply can’t follow, just go back to the beginning and make it sure you don’t miss even a single instruction.

My server PC is a laptop so that when blackouts happen, I have the battery to still record the time of the customers and their payments. You can also do this in your own café. I think Windows 7’s Homegroup could help you in your networking too. You can post any comments below if you have problems in the installation or in the use itself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to fix Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Cooler Noise

My six-core rig is now running but I have problems with the AMD stock cooler. It seems that my motherboard’s (Gigabyte GA 890GPA-UD3H) CPU fan control push the fans speed to higher limits that it starts to make noise when the computer runs for a longer time or when it starts. I have already used the Easy Tune 6 utility from Gigabyte and though I controlled the speed of the fans, it will still run up to 6000 rpm when the computer boots. Therefore, I decided to find a quieter CPU cooler. I ran to the computer shop and the only CPU cooler that they have is the Antec Kuhler H2O 620. I was only thinking of an air cooler but the time I saw the box, I was indulge to it. Liquid cooling system is not really my first choice because it is more expensive. However, we the alarming noise I am experiencing on my new six-core PC, I have no reason not to buy it. I admit the installation manual and even the forums I read on the internet were a little bit confusing, but I still managed to instal

How To Install Steam OS Without UEFI motherboard

I will teach you how to install Steam OS into your motherboard that does not have UEFI bios. The default Steam OS installation requires UEFI bios or it will not work. I did some Googling and found a way to bypass that and everything works perfectly afterwards. It is just slightly more difficult but do not worry. For those who do not know what steam OS is, it is an operating system created by Valve. It is a Linux with Debian Weezy on top and can run Linux programs if you want to.