Skip to main content

How to have a FREE Word processing, Spreadsheets & Presentation software like Microsoft Office

Microsoft does not include the Office software for FREE in their operating system which means you have to buy it separately, which also means another expense for you. Unlike some operating systems that come with a word processor, spreadsheet and presentation application, Microsoft will sell you their latest version of Office, which is a little bit expensive.

Microsoft Office is very common in the workplace and sometimes the standard for office works giving you no choice but to purchase the software. If you are out of budget, this will be a problem for you. 

What if I will tell you that Microsoft Office has lots of FREE alternatives? Some are online-based and some are downloadable programs just like Office itself. This will be good news if you want to save your money. However, not all Office alternatives are readily compatible with Microsoft Office which you don’t like if you still want to be in the standard or simply wanted to edit your work in a computer having Microsoft Office (which is common in your workplace). So, what’s the best alternative?

Well, this information is just second-hand to me. I always read the posts of this blog about the best applications for Windows and this one just answered the question above, so I was obliged to post it here.

Kingsoft Office Suite Free 2012 is the answer. It is a FREE office suite that works identical to Microsoft Office, such as: creating, viewing and editing personal and business documents. The package named, “Kingsoft Office Free 2012,” will give you Kingsoft Writer, Kingsoft Presentation and Kingsoft spreadsheets, names similar to Microsoft’s. I am talking about the trial version which I believe will last longer than Microsoft’s trial period. And, if you decide to purchase it, I believe it will only cost you almost half the price of its competitor.

The main reasons why you need to have it in place for Microsoft Office are listed below:

  1. It is fully compatible with Microsoft Office or vice versa, giving you lots of advantages.
  2. Automatic spell check, an extra bonus.
  3. Convert office to PDF format.
  4. Multiple tabs like an online-based software.
  5. Paragraph adjustment, Document encryption, and Humanized table operation are there.
  6. Keyboard shortcuts will make your work easier.
  7. It is fully compatible with Windows 7 (32bit and 64bit).
  8. Lastly, it’s FREE.

The free version is all you need if you are an average user. I believe this is just a great deal for you especially if don’t still have a word processor, spreadsheet and presentation creator in your computer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to fix Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Cooler Noise

My six-core rig is now running but I have problems with the AMD stock cooler. It seems that my motherboard’s (Gigabyte GA 890GPA-UD3H) CPU fan control push the fans speed to higher limits that it starts to make noise when the computer runs for a longer time or when it starts. I have already used the Easy Tune 6 utility from Gigabyte and though I controlled the speed of the fans, it will still run up to 6000 rpm when the computer boots. Therefore, I decided to find a quieter CPU cooler. I ran to the computer shop and the only CPU cooler that they have is the Antec Kuhler H2O 620. I was only thinking of an air cooler but the time I saw the box, I was indulge to it. Liquid cooling system is not really my first choice because it is more expensive. However, we the alarming noise I am experiencing on my new six-core PC, I have no reason not to buy it. I admit the installation manual and even the forums I read on the internet were a little bit confusing, but I still managed to instal

How To Install Steam OS Without UEFI motherboard

I will teach you how to install Steam OS into your motherboard that does not have UEFI bios. The default Steam OS installation requires UEFI bios or it will not work. I did some Googling and found a way to bypass that and everything works perfectly afterwards. It is just slightly more difficult but do not worry. For those who do not know what steam OS is, it is an operating system created by Valve. It is a Linux with Debian Weezy on top and can run Linux programs if you want to.