Skip to main content

How to effectively use Deep Freeze Standard to your computer

I am maintaining an Internet Café and surely I need software that when I restart a PC unit, it will go back to my decided configuration. This will make my job very easy, avoiding long period of repairs, error fixing, or even virus treatment processes because all I need is to restart the PC and restore it to the condition where it does its best (as I configured it according to my preference). Happily, there is a bunch of software that do function likes this. Deep Freeze is one of them.

I choose Deep Freeze and it has become my partner in maintaining 10 of my PC clients. Deep Freeze is software that memorizes your computer’s settings and configuration before you “FREEZE” it and whenever you restart it, it will return the system to its original state. It means total peace of mind because whatever goes wrong, you just don’t bother to even know the problem but just restart the PC and expect that it will be good as new again. Security and Preservation are two strong words that this software upholds.

What exactly are the functions of Deep Freeze Standard in your PC?

Faronics Deep Freeze makes your computer bulletproof. It defends your computer by freezing its original configuration, which inhibits unwelcome or unwanted changes from penetrating to it. With a simple press of the restart button, your system integrity is preserved helping your machine to run smoothly and efficiently. Faronics Deep Freeze will eradicate the hours of wearisome PC maintenance. It also prolongs the life of your computer from an average of 2.5 years to 4-5 years. With 60,000 new distinctive pieces of malware and viruses emerging every day, trusting on one method of security alone is no longer sufficient. Deep Freeze will support your antivirus all the time.

How to effectively use Deep Freeze Standard to your computer?

Based on my experience, to be able to attain the highest advantage of using Deep Freeze, I do these things:

First, you need to have a plan first, a picture in your mind on how you will make this software function inside your PC.

Second, as Deep Freeze recognizes every kind of partition formats of your Hard Disk, make a good division of your storage. Most of the time, the operating system boot files and important system files are in the Drive C. Make sure that this drive is under the FREEZE all the time.

Third, to all your files that needs changes most of the time or files that doesn’t need to be restored at restart, such as your browser’s history or your favorite games’ saved characters, you need to put this on a separate partition or most of the time your Drive D. Make sure that this drive only contains those files that accepts changes and are not critical to your system. You need to exempt this drive from the FREEZE so that you will not end up saying, “Oh I have to do it again!” TIP: Programs that needs frequent updates such as your antivirus need not to be frozen.

Lastly, create a password that is hard to guess by anybody but easy to remember by you. Once somebody knows the password, risks will happen, same as if you will forget your password.

Comments

  1. Hey thanks for the post Junald.

    Do you have any idea about the their enterprise version? We are planning to install it on our school computers.I also heard good reviews about deep Freeze. Many system admins recommend it for system configuration protection.

    So could you please assist by sharing the post regarding how we can implement deep enterprise in school.

    Thanks n cheers
    Jack Smith

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Only positive comments are accepted. Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

How to fix Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Cooler Noise

My six-core rig is now running but I have problems with the AMD stock cooler. It seems that my motherboard’s (Gigabyte GA 890GPA-UD3H) CPU fan control push the fans speed to higher limits that it starts to make noise when the computer runs for a longer time or when it starts. I have already used the Easy Tune 6 utility from Gigabyte and though I controlled the speed of the fans, it will still run up to 6000 rpm when the computer boots. Therefore, I decided to find a quieter CPU cooler. I ran to the computer shop and the only CPU cooler that they have is the Antec Kuhler H2O 620. I was only thinking of an air cooler but the time I saw the box, I was indulge to it. Liquid cooling system is not really my first choice because it is more expensive. However, we the alarming noise I am experiencing on my new six-core PC, I have no reason not to buy it. I admit the installation manual and even the forums I read on the internet were a little bit confusing, but I still managed to instal

How To Install Steam OS Without UEFI motherboard

I will teach you how to install Steam OS into your motherboard that does not have UEFI bios. The default Steam OS installation requires UEFI bios or it will not work. I did some Googling and found a way to bypass that and everything works perfectly afterwards. It is just slightly more difficult but do not worry. For those who do not know what steam OS is, it is an operating system created by Valve. It is a Linux with Debian Weezy on top and can run Linux programs if you want to.