Skip to main content

How to easily install Linux Mint 12 Lisa 32-bit in a Windows PC

Today, Linux Mint, a Linux-based operating system, has its latest version named Linux Mint 12 Lisa. I previously discussed the installation of Ubuntu, which is also a Linux-based program, giving me more motivation to interact with these Linux systems.

I will try to use Linux Mint. However, same problem with Ubuntu, I don’t want to remove my Windows 7 on my computer. So basically, I need a side-by-side installation, this means I will I install Linux Mint 12 Lisa in a PC already running Windows 7.

This is the same problem to anyone of you who wants to try an operating system, such as Linux Mint 12 Lisa to an existing Windows installation.

Here’s how I did it so easily:

  • First, you need to download the torrent file of Linux Mint 12 Lisa here. In my case, I will use the 32-bit DVD version of the OS.
  • Second, after downloading the ISO file, if you are like me who doesn’t like to have extra expenses of buying a CD or DVD and burning it, just download PowerISO to be able to mount ISO files in a virtual drive. Create a virtual drive by right clicking the ISO file and then mount it to the drive. Make it sure that the computer recognizes it like when you insert a DC or a DVD
  • Third, start it by clicking the application file from the DVD.
  • Fourth, from the first screen choose the default “Start Linux Mint” option and press Enter.
  • Fifth, after seeing the desktop, double-click on the “Install Linux Mint” icon. The installer appears and this the time where you choose Language and it will remind you to have the following:
  1. At least 2.6 GB Free disk space
  2. Continuous power supply
  3. Internet Connection
  • Lastly, for the Allocated Drive Space, choose “Install Linux Mint alongside…” for it to be installed with Windows OS running in your PC. The rest of the configuration will be just easy steps like installing any OS which involves adding a desired username and password (Be sure to memorize these two).
When you restart the computer, it will welcome you with the prompt to choose on what OS to boot. Of course, it will display your Windows OS and Linux Mint OS. Choose Linux Mint and then enter your username and password. You will be welcomed by a neat Linux Mint Desktop which is in my opinion very usable and simple.

NOTE: You need to follow the minimum System Requirements if you will install the 32-bit version:

x86 processor
512 MB RAM
5 GB of disk space
Graphics card capable of 800×600 resolution

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to fix Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Cooler Noise

My six-core rig is now running but I have problems with the AMD stock cooler. It seems that my motherboard’s (Gigabyte GA 890GPA-UD3H) CPU fan control push the fans speed to higher limits that it starts to make noise when the computer runs for a longer time or when it starts. I have already used the Easy Tune 6 utility from Gigabyte and though I controlled the speed of the fans, it will still run up to 6000 rpm when the computer boots. Therefore, I decided to find a quieter CPU cooler. I ran to the computer shop and the only CPU cooler that they have is the Antec Kuhler H2O 620. I was only thinking of an air cooler but the time I saw the box, I was indulge to it. Liquid cooling system is not really my first choice because it is more expensive. However, we the alarming noise I am experiencing on my new six-core PC, I have no reason not to buy it. I admit the installation manual and even the forums I read on the internet were a little bit confusing, but I still managed to instal

How To Install Steam OS Without UEFI motherboard

I will teach you how to install Steam OS into your motherboard that does not have UEFI bios. The default Steam OS installation requires UEFI bios or it will not work. I did some Googling and found a way to bypass that and everything works perfectly afterwards. It is just slightly more difficult but do not worry. For those who do not know what steam OS is, it is an operating system created by Valve. It is a Linux with Debian Weezy on top and can run Linux programs if you want to.