Skip to main content

How to enjoy the latest update from Tumblr this 2013

I have been using Tumblr for many years. Though I am really a Blogger fan, I need to put one of my blogs at Tumblr because of the Blogger Domain Verification system. Though I like the idea that domains hosted by a free hosting should be verified, I hate the way Blogger do it because many hosting sites do not actually support it. Godaddy supports this verification process but 1and1 does not. The verification code is just too long for 1and1’s system. Therefore, I resorted to put my domain to Tumblr, which is much easier. I will not discuss how will you do this in this article, but may discuss more about domain verification and domain hosting later.

Yes, it was clear that Tumblr is not really my first choice when it comes to blogging. However, I still believe it is a good place to host your images and mini-posts. Because one of my blog is at Tumblr, I still enjoyed writing articles on it. However, of course, I wish Tumblr should do changes on their platform. Fortunately, this January 25, 2013 they announced that they have updated the platform. So far, the update made me enjoy Tumblr more. Here is how to enjoy the latest update:

1. On adding Text, you can now upload an image for your article. This is a good option because before you need to host your image and put the link in the editor to make it visible in your text post. The editor is also much smaller now and tagging is lot easier as well.

2. On adding Photos, you can now choose up to 10 posts for one upload instance. This is very helpful if you want to post multiple photos at one instance.

3. On adding Audio and Video, I do not really know what happened to it because I am not using it before but the interface is now more exciting. I believe this is a big plus for those who want to have a band site or video site at Tumblr.

While I do not really recommend Tumblr for professional blogging especially if you want to post more text than multimedia, I recommend this platform for illustrators, cartoonists, photographers, filmmakers, and the like because of its sexiness, style, and multimedia support. If you are musician like me, I suggest you use Tumblr in uploading your MP3s or embedding your Youtube videos.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to fix Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Cooler Noise

My six-core rig is now running but I have problems with the AMD stock cooler. It seems that my motherboard’s (Gigabyte GA 890GPA-UD3H) CPU fan control push the fans speed to higher limits that it starts to make noise when the computer runs for a longer time or when it starts. I have already used the Easy Tune 6 utility from Gigabyte and though I controlled the speed of the fans, it will still run up to 6000 rpm when the computer boots. Therefore, I decided to find a quieter CPU cooler. I ran to the computer shop and the only CPU cooler that they have is the Antec Kuhler H2O 620. I was only thinking of an air cooler but the time I saw the box, I was indulge to it. Liquid cooling system is not really my first choice because it is more expensive. However, we the alarming noise I am experiencing on my new six-core PC, I have no reason not to buy it. I admit the installation manual and even the forums I read on the internet were a little bit confusing, but I still managed to instal

How To Install Steam OS Without UEFI motherboard

I will teach you how to install Steam OS into your motherboard that does not have UEFI bios. The default Steam OS installation requires UEFI bios or it will not work. I did some Googling and found a way to bypass that and everything works perfectly afterwards. It is just slightly more difficult but do not worry. For those who do not know what steam OS is, it is an operating system created by Valve. It is a Linux with Debian Weezy on top and can run Linux programs if you want to.