Skip to main content

Why I like Blogger as the best free blogging platform

After people are getting bored with static pages, which are only updated one or twice a month, they easily jumped to the blogging bandwagon. Blogging is dynamic, updated, social, and became search engine favorites. As businesses and personal users started to create a blog, many blogging platforms sprouted up. Some are free and some are just so expensive that only corporate people could afford. Free blogs are of course the best choice. WordPress, Typepad, LiveJournal, and Blogger are the names on the top list. Tumblr, MySpace, Facebook, and Weebly also started their versions of blogging for their users. Until now, new blogging platforms are rising and the old names are still on the race with their upgrades. Of all this blogging platforms and for almost five years of blogging, I always choose the best for me, and it is Blogger. Why?

1. It is FREE as in NO HASSLES

WordPress has a free version but they put ads on your free blog. Some free offers are also so tight that you cannot really know if your blog will even last a month on their platform. However, Blogger is just simply FREE. It is the very essence of the word. Once you started blogging with Blogger, you are just like owning everything without paying anything.

2. It is UNLIMITED

There are no storage limits. Picasa might limit your image uploads but there are many options. There are no bandwidth limits. You do not care about your hosting. It is as big as Google.

3. Almost NO DOWNTIME

If you think of starting a site online, the most important thing you would think is its availability to almost any kind of users and situation. It is always important to give your users what they need at the time that they really want it. If your blog is down because many visitors are swarming to it or some technical issues happened in your hosting, that can be very frustrated because you may have lost readers or even earnings. At Blogger, you are in the hands of Google. Google deletes the word DOWNTIME in their vocabulary. However if problems should happen, be rest assured that you cannot even notice it.

4. SECURED

You need to upgrade WordPress most of the time to avoid being hacked or bugs. I even experienced in Tumblr that someone posted on my blog with ads. Security is always a concern especially if you are maintaining your moneymaking blog. At Blogger, hacking is almost impossible. Just make sure you have kept your strong password in a safe place and Blogger will take the rest of the job for you.

5. FREEDOM

Only Blogger is the free blogging platform that would allow you to edit your template, install scripts, and add almost any kind of widgets in your blog. You have all the freedom to make your blog look, feel, and even sound the way you want it to be.

6. EASY

Blogging may come in different ways and flavors but at Blogger it is just always simple and fast. You do not need to drag and drop. You do not need to install an add-on. You do not even need basic knowledge of HTML. All you need is the will to write and Blogger provides everything for you. I have tried blogging with other platforms and while some took me hours just to publish a post, Blogger’s WYSIWYG post editor wipes all the sweat away.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Blogger. I am just a fan of it, who experienced blogging with it for almost five years now.

Create your blog now at Blogger.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to fix Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Cooler Noise

My six-core rig is now running but I have problems with the AMD stock cooler. It seems that my motherboard’s (Gigabyte GA 890GPA-UD3H) CPU fan control push the fans speed to higher limits that it starts to make noise when the computer runs for a longer time or when it starts. I have already used the Easy Tune 6 utility from Gigabyte and though I controlled the speed of the fans, it will still run up to 6000 rpm when the computer boots. Therefore, I decided to find a quieter CPU cooler. I ran to the computer shop and the only CPU cooler that they have is the Antec Kuhler H2O 620. I was only thinking of an air cooler but the time I saw the box, I was indulge to it. Liquid cooling system is not really my first choice because it is more expensive. However, we the alarming noise I am experiencing on my new six-core PC, I have no reason not to buy it. I admit the installation manual and even the forums I read on the internet were a little bit confusing, but I still managed to instal

How To Install Steam OS Without UEFI motherboard

I will teach you how to install Steam OS into your motherboard that does not have UEFI bios. The default Steam OS installation requires UEFI bios or it will not work. I did some Googling and found a way to bypass that and everything works perfectly afterwards. It is just slightly more difficult but do not worry. For those who do not know what steam OS is, it is an operating system created by Valve. It is a Linux with Debian Weezy on top and can run Linux programs if you want to.