Skip to main content

Miller of Motherboards.org Youtube Channel Personal Computer Build

A YouTube channel powered by the Channel Pro Network features a personal computer from one of their hosts, Miller. He described it as his best workstation and gaming setup.

The first thing that you will learn about the build is that the casing is custom painted. This gives us an idea of personalizing our computer. He named it the Rosewill Red Dawn. In his desk are the CM Storm mouse, keyboard, and mouse pad. The rig really looks like a red racing car with out-of-this-world internal parts.


Let us check out the parts:

For the Motherboard - He uses EVGA SR-X Classified. This kind of board could support dual XEON E5 CPUs and could utilize up to four graphics cards. This board is just a monster and with a total capacity of 96 GB of RAM, words are not enough to describe the power of this.

For the Video Cards – He uses two EVGA GTX 680s in SLI mode. A single GTX 680 alone could make your gaming very amazing. However, this build utilizes two of it. Even the games that are not yet made runs easy on this build.

For the Storage - He uses two Kingston 480GB SSDs. I believe this is most expensive part of the build but this is where this build means it runs games as fast as it boots.

For the Memory - He uses 12 pieces of Patriot Viper 3 8 GB of DDR3 RAM running at 1866 MHz. The total RAM size of this build is 96 GB, which fits the word "monstrous."

For the Power Supply - He uses a Thermaltake 1475 watts 80+ Gold Power Supply. This PSU has enough power to run a dual-processor board, SLI-mode graphics, and other important parts of this build.

For the Casing - HE uses Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra Gaming Tower. This tower is just the right description for what is inside.

For the Processor - He uses two pieces of Intel Xeon E5 2660. This means he is running 16 cores, 32 threads in just one machine. Each CPU runs at 2.2 GHz (normal) with a 20 MB of cache.

For the Monitor - He uses the Dell 30 inch monitor, which could reflect all high definition stuffs coming out of the computer perfectly.

For the Keyboard and Mouse - He uses the CM Storm models, which are best for gaming.

For the CPU cooler - He uses two Swiftech Apogee Drive II water-cooling systems and these only means this machine will run fast and cool all the time.

I featured this build here in my blog because this is one of my favorite builds on Youtube so far. This means they are real and are working. What we can learn from this build is that though it costs a lot in building this kind of rigs, you will surely have a very powerful computer that is above all benchmarks and even categories. I am still dreaming of this kind of build and I hope I could feature a build like this someday in this blog. If you have a computer that you think is more powerful than this, you can post a comment below and show us your proof.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to fix Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Cooler Noise

My six-core rig is now running but I have problems with the AMD stock cooler. It seems that my motherboard’s (Gigabyte GA 890GPA-UD3H) CPU fan control push the fans speed to higher limits that it starts to make noise when the computer runs for a longer time or when it starts. I have already used the Easy Tune 6 utility from Gigabyte and though I controlled the speed of the fans, it will still run up to 6000 rpm when the computer boots. Therefore, I decided to find a quieter CPU cooler. I ran to the computer shop and the only CPU cooler that they have is the Antec Kuhler H2O 620. I was only thinking of an air cooler but the time I saw the box, I was indulge to it. Liquid cooling system is not really my first choice because it is more expensive. However, we the alarming noise I am experiencing on my new six-core PC, I have no reason not to buy it. I admit the installation manual and even the forums I read on the internet were a little bit confusing, but I still managed to instal

How To Install Steam OS Without UEFI motherboard

I will teach you how to install Steam OS into your motherboard that does not have UEFI bios. The default Steam OS installation requires UEFI bios or it will not work. I did some Googling and found a way to bypass that and everything works perfectly afterwards. It is just slightly more difficult but do not worry. For those who do not know what steam OS is, it is an operating system created by Valve. It is a Linux with Debian Weezy on top and can run Linux programs if you want to.