Skip to main content

How to Manage/Delete Spam or Published comments on Blogger's New Interface

Managing your comments would be affected on how you allow comments on your settings. If you maintain a quality blog and allow commenting, there might be unwanted comments flooding your posts. While comments are important for search engine optimization because they prove your blog is realistic and engaging, spammers sometimes abuse them.

How to determine a spam comment?

Spam comments are introducing links (live or a shortcut) to a website without any relationship to the post. While Blogger in default put comment links to a “nofollow” state (not counted as a vote), you still need to clean your blog for links that grab your visitor’s attention.

How to manage your comments?

1. Click the name of your blog on your dashboard.

2. Click the COMMENTS tab on the left side of the interface.

3. Go to Published if you want to check your published comments. Blogger do well in classifying spam comments. You can go to Spam where Blogger automatically hide detected spam comments.

4. If you are in the Published comments, you can delete the content of a comment, or delete the comment completely or even put it to the spam category. In Spam category, you can delete the comment or publish it instead. Find the comment you want to manage and hover the mouse to it to see the options. Check the box next to that comment and apply the desired moderation.

5. If you selected “Always” as your moderation setting, this means you need to moderate all comments before it will be published and you will have an additional category besides Published and Spam. This is the “Awaiting Moderation” category. If Blogger does not detect the comment as Spam, it will be set aside for your moderation in this category. You can choose to publish, delete, or spam comments in here. NOTE: Your own comments however will be published automatically.

You need also to read our guide on How to Set-up Comments on Blogger’s New Interface.

You can check the result of your moderation in the actual post where the comment is made.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to fix Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Cooler Noise

My six-core rig is now running but I have problems with the AMD stock cooler. It seems that my motherboard’s (Gigabyte GA 890GPA-UD3H) CPU fan control push the fans speed to higher limits that it starts to make noise when the computer runs for a longer time or when it starts. I have already used the Easy Tune 6 utility from Gigabyte and though I controlled the speed of the fans, it will still run up to 6000 rpm when the computer boots. Therefore, I decided to find a quieter CPU cooler. I ran to the computer shop and the only CPU cooler that they have is the Antec Kuhler H2O 620. I was only thinking of an air cooler but the time I saw the box, I was indulge to it. Liquid cooling system is not really my first choice because it is more expensive. However, we the alarming noise I am experiencing on my new six-core PC, I have no reason not to buy it. I admit the installation manual and even the forums I read on the internet were a little bit confusing, but I still managed to instal

How To Install Steam OS Without UEFI motherboard

I will teach you how to install Steam OS into your motherboard that does not have UEFI bios. The default Steam OS installation requires UEFI bios or it will not work. I did some Googling and found a way to bypass that and everything works perfectly afterwards. It is just slightly more difficult but do not worry. For those who do not know what steam OS is, it is an operating system created by Valve. It is a Linux with Debian Weezy on top and can run Linux programs if you want to.