Skip to main content

My Filipina PC Build 2012 - Computer for Ladies

Most of the parts of PC build are scavenged from my brother’s numerous PC builds. He is a computer enthusiast and a gamer, and I’m just waiting for a part that he will not use anymore.

I am trying to build a computer for a lady Filipina like me. The main target for this build is to make it look more feminine, run Apple Mac OS X Snow Leopard, and most of all, it passed to the level of a gaming PC too. Here are the parts of my rig:

For the motherboard, I will use the ASUS P5G41T-M LX3. This is an entry-level DDR3 LGA775 socket board and it has an Intel G41 chipset. I have read success stories from people who installed OS X to it online, so this board is just right for me.

By the way, my brother purchased this board in a cheap price aiming to upgrade it later on, but sadly, I will be the one to upgrade it.

I went to the store today and bought the following parts to complete my build:

Kingston KVR 1333Mhz DDR3 Memory Cards

Kingston's KVR models are the cheapest brand of memory cards but they are rated so well. I have also heard that these cards have close to zero problems when it comes to compatibility. I bought 2 pieces of 2GB kits.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33GHz

This four core processor in the LGA 775 socket category is just enough for me to run reach the maximum FSB of 1333Mhz. There are cheaper dual core processors compatible with my build but it hard to find those having the 1333Mhz mark today, so I settle with this. I will just overclock the speed using the build overclocking tool in the BIOS of my board.

Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5570, 1024 MB DDR3

This low-profile series 5000 video card is just right for my build. It does not require any extra power, which means I can save energy from it. It has 1GB of memory enough to run my applications and HD videos. It is DDR3, a good compliment to my CPU and memory card. I am not really in to gaming, so this is the best for me.

Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 7200 RPM

My board does not support SATA 3 yet so I just settle with this Western Digital trusted hard disk. 500 GB is enough for me because I do not really like saving stuffs on my PC.


Aerocool STRIKE-X 500watts, 80+ Bronze Certified

I am a fan of quality power supplies. I always love saving energy, so my very concern is choosing the right power supply for my PC. This 500-watts PSU is just right because I am not really running a gaming rig. This is also modular, in case I will run in to some upgrades later on. The muscle and the 80+ certification of this unit will just make my PC strong and healthy all the time.

That is it! I will be posting about the final build later on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to fix Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Cooler Noise

My six-core rig is now running but I have problems with the AMD stock cooler. It seems that my motherboard’s (Gigabyte GA 890GPA-UD3H) CPU fan control push the fans speed to higher limits that it starts to make noise when the computer runs for a longer time or when it starts. I have already used the Easy Tune 6 utility from Gigabyte and though I controlled the speed of the fans, it will still run up to 6000 rpm when the computer boots. Therefore, I decided to find a quieter CPU cooler. I ran to the computer shop and the only CPU cooler that they have is the Antec Kuhler H2O 620. I was only thinking of an air cooler but the time I saw the box, I was indulge to it. Liquid cooling system is not really my first choice because it is more expensive. However, we the alarming noise I am experiencing on my new six-core PC, I have no reason not to buy it. I admit the installation manual and even the forums I read on the internet were a little bit confusing, but I still managed to instal

How To Install Steam OS Without UEFI motherboard

I will teach you how to install Steam OS into your motherboard that does not have UEFI bios. The default Steam OS installation requires UEFI bios or it will not work. I did some Googling and found a way to bypass that and everything works perfectly afterwards. It is just slightly more difficult but do not worry. For those who do not know what steam OS is, it is an operating system created by Valve. It is a Linux with Debian Weezy on top and can run Linux programs if you want to.