Skip to main content

How did my blog look like this?

Customizing your blog template in Blogger is really fun and easy. Well, I have been doing this for years and with all the blogging platforms that I already used, Blogger is the simplest and fastest to customize. The most important part is it is FREE. Some platforms offer customizations to premium users only but Blogger just want the artist in you. I will not run through the steps on how to customize your blog in this article because I will only show you how I achieved my current blog template (hopefully I would not change it). If you want the full guide, you can go here. You might like my template and want to get inspirations from it for your blog, so here it goes.

Remove the Blogger Navbar:

This blog used the Simple Blogger Template the time I created it. From that layout, I decided to hide the Blogger Navbar on top of the blog. Find the code below in your template’s HTML:

<![CDATA[/*

Just below that, you need to insert the codes below in order to remove Blogger’s default Navbar:

#navbar-iframe {
height:0px;
visibility:hidden;
display:none;
}

Click the Save Template button to apply changes.

Changing the Background:

Still in the template menu, click the Customize button. The Blogger Template Designer shows up. Go to background. Select a background image and then choose the first one with the Apple Mac OS X-like wallpaper. Click the Done button to apply the changes.

Changing the fonts:

Still in the Blogger Template Designer, go to Advanced. Look for the Page Text option and choose Verdana.

Click the Apply to Blog button and wait until the “Template Applied” prompt shows up, and then go back to Blogger dashboard.

I might put my own header image later, as for now; the template is neat and user-friendly.

The layout uses two columns just like an ordinary blog. I choose this because I need to show my labels, archive, and the author page to make it more usable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to fix Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Cooler Noise

My six-core rig is now running but I have problems with the AMD stock cooler. It seems that my motherboard’s (Gigabyte GA 890GPA-UD3H) CPU fan control push the fans speed to higher limits that it starts to make noise when the computer runs for a longer time or when it starts. I have already used the Easy Tune 6 utility from Gigabyte and though I controlled the speed of the fans, it will still run up to 6000 rpm when the computer boots. Therefore, I decided to find a quieter CPU cooler. I ran to the computer shop and the only CPU cooler that they have is the Antec Kuhler H2O 620. I was only thinking of an air cooler but the time I saw the box, I was indulge to it. Liquid cooling system is not really my first choice because it is more expensive. However, we the alarming noise I am experiencing on my new six-core PC, I have no reason not to buy it. I admit the installation manual and even the forums I read on the internet were a little bit confusing, but I still managed to instal

How To Install Steam OS Without UEFI motherboard

I will teach you how to install Steam OS into your motherboard that does not have UEFI bios. The default Steam OS installation requires UEFI bios or it will not work. I did some Googling and found a way to bypass that and everything works perfectly afterwards. It is just slightly more difficult but do not worry. For those who do not know what steam OS is, it is an operating system created by Valve. It is a Linux with Debian Weezy on top and can run Linux programs if you want to.