Skip to main content

How To Build an Ultimate Intel Core i7 4770K Mini Gaming PC

This is an Intel high end gaming PC build. I am using a mini case from BitFenix The Prodigy M. however I'm putting these components in there instead a sapphire R9 270X Toxic edition graphics card with an awesome Raidmax 850 watt power supply, a Kingston hyper X 240 gigabyte SSD Drive in there and of course a high-quality Gigabyte board (Z87N-WIFI). as you can see I've got the Intel Core i7 4770K with some G.Skill Ripjaws memory because we're going to be overclocking this to 4.5 gigahertz running it at CL11 timings 2133 megahertz and I don't want any problems. Of course, I will use CoolIT ECO Liquid CPU cooler for the overclock.

This board is going to run stable. It supports extreme memory profiles up to this G.Skill memory and that is why it is what we need. The Z87 chipset is high end. We are looking at using the on-board Wi-Fi because I am going to test that when I played battlefield for online multiplayer.

I would start removing things such as the two 120-millimeter fans that it comes with. I am going to be putting in the power supply from Raidmax after. This is a nice small power supply. It is modular, so I only use the cables that I need. I fasten the bracket on there from that Phoenix case ready to go and I will be installing that one later.

However, right now it is about clearing the case making room and planning how we going to do things. Therefore, I am going to install a huge fan here at the bottom of the case that is going to exhaust the air. At the back to the case, I will put the liquid CPU cooler. At the top of the case, I am going to have two 120-millimeter fans and of course, I will not include a DVD/Blu-ray in this build.

We got the Kingston SSD Drive running there as well. You can add three of those for RAID if you want but for starters, I am just going to install one on that plate that it came with from BitFenix prodigy M case. Of course, later on, add more hard drives on to that.

Now here's the case, lastly I'm doing is just passing all the cables putting in all the twist ties making sure that nothing touches or hits the fans. Of course, after that, we turn it on.

Now benchmarks, we got 4.5 gigahertz on this board as promised and of course that graphics card have actually tweak it a little bit overclocking little bit further get a little bit more performance out there as well. Now, the temperature is running about 40 degree Celsius.

It is up to 40 degrees Celsius on idle and I am on regular loads, I would say goes up to 50-60 degree Celsius. Here are the 64-cache memory benchmarks as you can see how fast that G.Skill memory is. Fast latency and timings as you can see here how the CPU Queen results rank my machine, a four-core Intel Core i7 along with the six core machines.

On the PCMark 8 Creative I results that I run benchmarks on, it also scored my machine above average as you can see there. On the high-end gaming spectrum, my score was quite high. Therefore, I am very proud to say that this machine is indeed working as expected. 

I also run the Fire Strike benchmarks as well to give good high-performance test. This is stress tests on these types of machines. I have 6306 score for this.

Temperatures again on the graphics cards, it is under 50 degrees Celsius during these loads and at the stress tests points, the CPU touched into the 70 degrees Celsius mark even that of course was a heavy stress test. But then again I am not running at 100 percent full load 24/7.

Here we have 3D Mark Vantage CPU scores. You can again compare how my gaming build on this many PC looks compared to these other CPU's. 

Now games that so we are using this. Single-player benchmarks and crisis 3, you can see here on HD 1080P, very high settings, all the way up too high. You can see here I do not go anywhere below high on my benchmarks.

There are going to be high extreme ultimate settings and this is what you getting smooth graphics mood results. On Sleeping Dogs, if you are into these a martial arts type games, of course again, on extreme settings, you can see there the average frames per second about forty frames per second very smooth results.

Tomb Raider , Lara Croft looking as beautiful as always, running her on ultimate or ultra-texture high quality settings of course and here she is giving us her max and a 60 frames per second on the max and now on average we're getting a decent 50.

For your favorite game Battlefield 4, I know you are interested in multiplayer benchmarks and here it is running it. This is an example what I am talking. We played ultra-high settings online multiplayer 1080P, no lag, things running smoothly. How do you do it? I know you wondering how much this machine costs right now. You are probably thinking this thing cost like to two grand or something.

It does not cost a grand; unbelievably, this machine cost just over a thousand dollars US and tax of course depending on where you buy the parts. Depending on how and what you change you may be able to build.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to fix Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Cooler Noise

My six-core rig is now running but I have problems with the AMD stock cooler. It seems that my motherboard’s (Gigabyte GA 890GPA-UD3H) CPU fan control push the fans speed to higher limits that it starts to make noise when the computer runs for a longer time or when it starts. I have already used the Easy Tune 6 utility from Gigabyte and though I controlled the speed of the fans, it will still run up to 6000 rpm when the computer boots. Therefore, I decided to find a quieter CPU cooler. I ran to the computer shop and the only CPU cooler that they have is the Antec Kuhler H2O 620. I was only thinking of an air cooler but the time I saw the box, I was indulge to it. Liquid cooling system is not really my first choice because it is more expensive. However, we the alarming noise I am experiencing on my new six-core PC, I have no reason not to buy it. I admit the installation manual and even the forums I read on the internet were a little bit confusing, but I still managed to instal

How To Install Steam OS Without UEFI motherboard

I will teach you how to install Steam OS into your motherboard that does not have UEFI bios. The default Steam OS installation requires UEFI bios or it will not work. I did some Googling and found a way to bypass that and everything works perfectly afterwards. It is just slightly more difficult but do not worry. For those who do not know what steam OS is, it is an operating system created by Valve. It is a Linux with Debian Weezy on top and can run Linux programs if you want to.